Friday, September 4, 2009

When Will You Come?

This is the first poem I ever wrote outside of a school assignment. I actually didn't write it, but modified (improved?) an earlier version written by another user, Ice Angel, on a local BBS, so I'm not sure I can even take credit. Even so, it showed me that I could be creative, and turn out something interesting. Over the next 10 years, I wrote a number of poems, mostly crap, but a few that I'm really proud of. But this was the first. Thanks, Ice Angel, for getting me started.

When Will You Come?


With eyes that shine like the morning sun,
My heart leaping, like a rabbit's run,
When we touch, my sorrow ends.
My shattered emotions, you slowly mend.
To my cuts and wounds, former strife,
You bring back the meaning to my life.
Though your face, I know not yet,
I hope these feelings I never forget.
I stand here alone, waiting for you.
When will you come? I wish I knew.


- Ice Angel & Radagast


It took about 10 more years for the "you" in that poem to show up. Though I didn't know it at the time, this one was for you, My Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment